We at BionTech value our customers’ personal information and observe the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection. We inform our customers how we use the personal information they provide and what measures we take for its protection based on these Guidelines. Upon revision of these Guidelines, we will inform our customers through our website or individual mail.
Article 1 (Personal information collected)
- ① We collect the following personal information for provision of our services.
- 1. Items collected: name, DOB, log-in ID, password, home phone number, home address, cell phone number, email, consent to receipt of our mails
- 2. Methods used for collection of personal information items: our website at the time of membership subscription
Article 2 (Purpose of Handling Personal Information)
- ① We use personal information for the following purposes:
- 1. Fee-related account settlement concerning provision of services
- 2. Identification of members, prevention of unauthorized access to service, verification of member’s ages, checking the consent of legal agents for minors (those under 14 years of age) concerning collection of personal information, handling of complaints, public notices, etc.
- 3. Marketing and advertisement
For development of new services/goods, transmission of advertising information, provision of service based on demographic characteristics, checking connection frequency, statistics on members’ use of service, etc.
Article 3 (Period of storing and using personal information)
- ① We immediately destroy stored personal information upon attaining the purpose of collecting and using said personal information.
Article 4 (Personal information disposal procedure and method)
- ① We dispose of personal information collected as follows:
- 1. Procedure of disposal
We destroy personal information as soon as we have attained the purpose of retention or at the end of the retention period in a separate database (or a document file) as required by law and our internal guidelines. We do not use personal information for purposes other than those required by law.
- 2. Method of disposal
i. Paper printouts containing personal information: Destroyed with a shredder
ii. Electronic files containing personal information: Destroyed in a non-recoverable way
Article 5 (Providing personal information to others)
- ① We do not share or provide our customers’ personal information with/to third parties unless one of the following is the case:
- 1. Where we obtained our customers’ prior consent;
- 2. Where there is a request from a law enforcement agency under the law.
Article 6 (Entrustment of personal information handling)
Where we need to entrust the handling of our customers’ personal information for efficiency, we provide customers with information on the trustee and the content of business entrusted. When signing a contract for the said entrustment, we ensure that the relevant laws are observed. Personal information is not provided to third parties without permission, and the responsibility is clearly defined concerning an accident involving leakage of personal information. Where the entrustee is changed, we will inform our customers on the page on which these Guidelines are posted and make a public notice.
Article 7 (Rights of customers or their legal agents and how to use these rights)
- ① Our customers and their legal agents of a minor (under 14) have the right to access their or their minor’s personal information, to make changes, and to request for withdrawal of the membership.
- ② Our customers and their legal agents of a minor (under 14) may revise their personal information or withdraw their membership by following the procedure for personal identification. Customers may also contact us in writing or by phone or e-mail, and we will take necessary measures immediately.
- ③ Where a customer asks us for correction of an error in his/her personal information, we suspend the use or provision of such information until the correction has been made. Where we have provided incorrect personal information to a third party, we will inform the third party of the action taken for correction.
- ④ As for personal information withdrawn or deleted by a customers or his/her legal agent, we will handle it under the regulation concerning the period for retention and use of personal information collected by us and ensure that the said information cannot be accessed or used for any other purpose.
Article 8 (Operation of devices for automatic collection of personal information; matters regarding rejection of the use of such devices)
- ① We do not use devices that automatically collect cookies or personal information created when using Internet services.
Article 9 (Operation of Personal Information Manager)
- ① We have designated a Personal Information Manager and relevant departments as follows to handle our customers’ complaints and inquiries regarding personal information:
- Personal Information Manager: Jo Gyu-dae
- ☎ : 1588-3853
- Email :
- ② You may report any complaints arising from personal information handling when using our service to the Personal Information Manager or relevant department. We will do our best to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please direct inquiries to the following agency concerning personal information-related report or consultation if you need further assistance.
- 1. Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (privacy.kisa.or.kr/☎118)
- 2. Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr/☎02-580-0533~4)
- 3. Cybercrime Investigation Center of the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office (www.spp.go.kr/☎02-3480-3573)
- 4. Cyber Bureau of the National Police Agency (www.netan.go.kr/☎1566-0112)